Monday 11 June 2007

With one of my babies in NZ, probably getting a shock to the system with the 6 oC heat or cold should we say, the onset of winter here in Aus would be the topic of the moment. Its all of a sudden very cold here. They are saying that we are going to have a mild winter. eek I'm a sook! Grew up in NZ, should be used to the cold. NO WAY! I guess I have gotten soft in my years here, but I think if you ask any Brisbanite, its cold. The wind is cold, the nights are cold.
So the shopping list has changed. All those winter yummy cooked things that make you feel good, until you realise that you have put on some unwanted kilos. redface

I cooked or rather made Pumpkin soup on Saturday afternoon, only to be told it was the best pumpkin soup ever tasted. Then I made home made Sausage Rolls, which were good! Tomorrow night is slow cooked Lamb Shanks. Yummo.
One night this week we are having Sam's boyfriend over for that first nail-biting experience. Not for us of course. We have already met Steve, and he appears to be a very nice boy. Sam had her 'dinner' with Steve's parents the other night, so it would be our turn next. I do think that Steve is a little nervous. How mean do we be? Or rather how mean will Bill be??mrgreen

Sam likes to stir the pot by adding that Bill was in the Army for 7 years... Do you think Steve will still want to come? Oh the joys of life......

Off to sort out the ruckus thats going on in the bedroom, Liv seems to think shes got more say than Sam on what pj's she's going to wear! rolleyes
Bee good.. Keep warm April!!

0 comments: